This is where VoRTCS tutors can access information and resources associated with the Next Step training program.
The VoRTCS Next Step training program is for all tutors who have completed their initial training and have been tutoring a family for at least 2 months. As the name suggests, it’s designed to help you take the next step in your tutoring journey, aligning your experience with that of other tutors and providing guidance around some of the areas tutors commonly have difficulty with once they start working with families. This includes issues like:
- How to engage adult learners effectively;
- Assessing your family’s needs, setting goals and planning;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- When and how to graduate your family.
The training takes 2 formats:
- Online training, including videos with accompanying, printable worksheets; and
- Group workshops (2 per year), a chance for tutors to get together with other tutors and share what has worked best in their tutoring.
Next Step Online Training Resources
|Managing Tutoring Effectively
|This module provides practical advice on how to work with your family as a team to assess the families needs, set goals and produce a plan that will help reach those goals.
Managing Tutoring Effectively Worksheet
|Engaging Adults in Home Tutoring
|Engaging adults in home tutoring can present particular challenges. This module provides practical advice to help you work with adult learners more effectively.
Engaging Adults Worksheet
Next Step Group Workshops
We’d love to see you at the next Next Step workshop. For further details and to register your attendance click here, or call Sandy on (07) 3010 1069.
- Topic: Cultural Sensitivity
- Facilitator: Jaimee Stuart
- Date/time: Saturday 7th December 2019
Next Step Evaluation Survey
If you have completed all or part of the Next Step training, please click this link. The Next Step evaluation survey only takes a couple of minutes to complete and provides VoRTCS with valuable feedback.