We have an exciting opportunity to offer some of our interested VoRTCS refugees subsidised driving lessons. VoRTCS will partner with a culturally sensitive and caring Driving School and the NRMA Brisbane Broncos to offer affordable driving lessons and support to attain their license.
Many refugee adults struggle in everyday tasks such as taking their children to school, purchasing groceries, getting to different locations via public transport, and experience social isolation due to their residence in outer Brisbane suburbs. The cost of driving lessons and license is often unaffordable for many families.
This wonderful opportunity will allow a number of our VoRTCS family members the chance to work towards getting their driver’s license at a much more affordable price. VoRTCS family members who take up this opportunity will:
- Attain basic knowledge of driving skills and driving manoeuvres
- Increase their understanding of road rules and driving regulations
- Learn more about how the Provisional Driving Test is conducted
- Experience driving with a qualified and friendly Driving Instructor in their journey towards obtaining their Driver’s License.
To be eligible, your tutoring family member/s should:
- Be able to contribute financially towards the cost of the lesson/s – they will need to pay approximately $20 per lesson (This is very cheap! Most driving schools will charge at least triple this price)
- Hold a current Queensland Learner’s License
- Be in the process of saving to buy a car, have access to a car, or already own one
- Have a general command of English (they need to be able to understand what the Driving Instructor is saying – the Instructor will of course tailor lessons to suit their English skills with slower and clear speech)
Spaces are very LIMITED!
If someone in your tutoring family meets the above criteria and is interested in this great opportunity, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 21 July 2017:
- Full name
- Current address
- Mobile phone number
- Email address (if they have one)
Please call Sandy, VoRTCS Program Coordinator, if you have any questions on (07) 3010 1069.